There are days when we are too lazy to cook. When that happens, our health does not have to be sacrificed. So before you dial that take-out number and fall off the bandwagon to a healthier you, check out a number of healthy receipes that you can use that do not even require you to cook.
These healthy receipes are taken from www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au.
Chicken Taco With Avocado
300 g skinless chicken, cooked and diced
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1/4 cup chopped pecan nuts
4 taco shells
2 tablespoons reduced fat mayonnaise
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Avocado and chicken taco
1. Chop avocado and mix with chicken, chives and pecan nuts.
2. Stir through the mayonnaise and chopped parsley.
3. Fill taco shells with mixture and serve.
Note: This recipe can also be prepared using burritos or flat bread
This recipe, Bean Submarine, is good for the heart. This was actually contributed by the Heart Foundation.
2 tablespoons cooked red kidney beans
2 tablespoons corn kernels
1/2 spring onion, sliced
1/4 carrot, grated
50 g reduced fat tasty cheese
2 teaspoons mild taco sauce
2 whole meal bread rolls
1. Mix the kidney beans, corn, spring onion, carrot, cheese and taco sauce in a bowl.
2. Split rolls along one side and pull out some of the bread from the middle of each roll.
3. Spoon bean mixture evenly into each roll. Wrap roll tightly with foil and bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.
A little dessert does not hurt. Check out this recipe for a Watermelon Sherbet.
1/3 cup icing sugar
3 cups watermelon flesh, chopped
1 cup blueberries
1 cup strawberries
2 cups reduced fat ice cream
1. Mix icing sugar with chopped watermelon. Puree and freeze.
2. Spoon into tall glasses alternating blueberries, strawberries and low fat ice cream.
Notes: Substitute any mixed fruit salad instead of the blueberries and strawberries.
Use egg free ice cream if you are preparing food for people with an allergy to egg.
Filed under: Healthy Recipes
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!